Thursday, March 1, 2018

Twitter and Peanut Butter by @LDBlakeley

Happy Peanut Butter Lover's Day!

Despite my Google Fu, I can't seem to find any details on the origins of said day. Nobody seems to know who declared such a wonderful cause to celebrate but its on the internet so it must be true, right? Besides: peanut butter. ❤

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I must apologize for being MIA. Life got in the way (as it so often does) and I haven't been here since we rang in the New Year. But I'm back and here to talk about one of my biggest distractions: Twitter.


Yes, that's an actual Post-it note I keep over my laptop (edited for politeness, of course; I am Canadian, after all 😉)

And, no, it doesn't always work. I can be easily led down the Twitter rabbit hole and lose big chunks of time in the process. There's a lot to wade through and it can be intimidating if you're not sure where to start. But there is good out there in the Twitterverse. You just have to know where to look.

I follow tons of people for various and sundry reasons. Writer-me, however, has discovered quite a few people whose wit and wisdom make them worthy of a follow and a shout-out.

These are off the top of my head and in no particular order (I could continue this list for days), but if you're looking for a place to start here are some of my favourites:

John Scalzi

Scalzi is a writer (Red Shirts is amazing and only begins to scratch the surface of his bio) my husband turned me on to. His feed is prolific – so much so he's pinned a blog post for new followers.
If gay historical romance is your thing, then you already know who she is. If not, check her out – your TBR will grow by leaps and bounds.
A beyond fab writer and a blogger who gives what might possibly be THE best writerly advice – period.
It's no secret I adore Damon Suede and devour every word he publishes. Plus with pinned tweets like this, what's not to love?
I mean...
Writer of hawt romance who cracks me up daily.

Mostly I wish they were located in Toronto instead of L.A. So I follow along and gaze wistfully at all the photos they post. One day I'll manage a vist.
Excellent source of book news and recommendations.

Writer Thesaurus /Angela Ackerman

Writerly things out the wazoo! Angela Ackerman & Becca Puglisi have created an incredible resource for writers & they tweet out links to scads of writing tools and websites 

Amy Jo Cousins

I love her books like woah. Plus, she is the REC QUEEN. Seriously, if you're ever looking for new titles, this is the girl to follow. She also seems to know when everything is on sale. 


My original plan was to list ten but then realized I would be completely remiss without mentioning

JK Rowling 

For all the obvious reasons. But, seriously, her clap backs are the thing of legend. Exhibit A:

So tell me, who are your favourite tweeps?

Until next time,

L.D. Blakeley - visit me online!

No comments:

Post a Comment