Sunday, April 9, 2017

Spring Update from Layna Pimentel

Hello from Sault Ste. Marie!

Yeehaw! Most of the snow is melted from my back yard, and literally all gone from my front yard. We've been busy prepping the yard and the pond to put the goldfish back into it. I can't begin to tell you how much this change of season is appreciated. The last couple of months have been exhausting, stressful on so many levels and depressing. That is, until March 8th rolled around.

Why do you ask? Well, my husband and I became first time grand parents. I won't like that the news of the pregnancy was a shock because it was, but one look at this angel on March 8th and we were in love all over again.

Here's a few pics from her one month anniversary.




She's a snoring, beautiful princess and we love her no matter what. 

In other news, I've been happily working a new regency project slated for a summer release. It's kinda  sorta a secret project. As soon as I can share more I will. I do have another secret project slated for late fall too, and more news will be coming soon about that one down the line. All that news aside, I do have 2 paranormals coming hopefully before the year is out in addition to those historical romances. 

To be honest, I never planned on having all these releases in the last half of this year, much less have to shift my editors around. Things change all the time, obligations and personal stuff alike. So when you have to keep pushing things out I feel awful. Even more terrible when I've noticed now that my one editor has changed a policy to include a deposit at time of booking. So ya. I feel like an ass now. 

Toss in that I have a few rights returning to me in the coming months and I so need to get those organized too. So much to do and such little time. 


Well, there you have it. That's the most recent news coming out of my corner in the province. Hopefully, by next month I can share some more news about my summer release, or even share a teaser from my upcoming paranormal which is a twist on Little Red Riding Hood. See Kacey! I have been slowly working on that beast. That book is due with my editor by June 1 too, so you can imagine the mad dash of revisions I'm in the middle of.

So now that I've shared what I'm working on, do you have any plans for this spring or summer?




No comments:

Post a Comment