Monday, March 16, 2015

Kacey Interviews Canadian author, Karen Blake-Hall #RomanceAuthor #ComingSoon





Good morning, Karen. Thanks for stopping by our blog!
Thanks for hosting me today.

Tell us a bit about yourself. What part of Canada do you call home?
I live in Ajax, Ontario. It’s located outside Toronto. Our family moved here 27 years ago, but as a baby I lived here too. Funny that I ended up back where I started.

What is one highlight that readers might find interesting about your hometown/city?
Ajax didn’t exist before World War II. It was decided to put a Defense Industries Limited (DIL) munitions factory on farm land. It was close to GM tank factories in Oshawa and Camp X, the spy training facility, in Whitby. The town was named after the HMS Ajax.
You may have seen the TV series, ‘Bomb Girls’. It was based on the DIL plant in Scarborough and the TV show ‘X Company’ is based on spies trained in Camp X.

What is your favorite Canadian saying?
Eh? I can’t explain it, but I do say it more than I should.

Which part of Canada would you love to visit, but haven’t had the chance to yet?
British Columbia. I have family and friends living live there. I keep threatening I’m going to visit them and enjoy all the beauty of the province.

How did you get into writing?
I’ve written stories since I was a child. I’m dyslexic and no one could understand my spelling. Laughs. When I was a teen I gave up my dream of writing, but it wouldn’t leave me alone. I wouldn’t be published without my support group, my family and my critique partners who have learned to figure out my spelling and correct it. 

If you weren’t a writer, what other career would you have?
Salesperson. I talk a lot. lol





Karen's upcoming release ... 
Single mother, Molly Jackson, wants to run the family freight business in the North West Territories and take care of her family without receiving any more creepy letters from a stalker.
When Gramps ask him to stop the stalker, RCMP officer Brock Kingston comes home, excited to prove his love to Molly, but is surprised by her coolness.
Will their rekindled love survive when a secret from the past is revealed?



Releases April 15



Connect with Karen:



Karen Blake-Hall Bio
When Karen talks about romantic suspense stories, her eyes twinkle wickedly, or at least that’s what she’s been told.
Karen’s sharp-bladed fiction cuts to the heart of the emotions driving her characters in desperate situations.
When she’s not at her day job she’s crafting more tales of love and crime or spending time with her husband and children. She lives outside of Toronto with her husband, The Professor. 




 

Thank you for stopping by, Karen. We all wish you the best of luck with  You Are Mine.




1 comment:

  1. Great interview!!! It was wonderful cyber meeting you Karen. :-)

    Hugs!
    jan

    ReplyDelete