Monday, March 9, 2015

Getting Ready For Spring

I don't know about anyone, but usually when the temps get warm I start to get squirrely. And by warm I mean single negative temperatures.

Okay...I can here you laughing over there, so stop it! Single negative temps are a big thing when you're this far north.

My driveway is going to be a nightmare, not to mention the marshland that will now replace my back and front yards. I really hope my basement doesn't flood as a result.

I think for today, I'm going to post some of the pics and links to music that have really helped me pull through all this crappy weather lately, and some of my own personal challenges.


Elements played by Lindsey Stirling


Everyone meet, Oscar! My garden Gargoyle is the best part of my flower bed, my second favorite is my three varieties of Monkshood aka Wolfsbane. ;-)


The hubby and I having a dorky moment. Yikes! I had no idea how short my hair was last year until this photo. :-P


Yup...I'm already plotting for next year's Halloween fun. 


Boy am I really done with winter that I have to look at old photo's from our old jaunts to Fort Creek Conservation Trail. 




Sweet Surrender by Sarah Mc Lachlan


Well that's it for me for now. What do you listen to, or do when winter is starting to make you down in the dumps? 


2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite songs to listen to when I'm ready for winter to be over: http://youtu.be/eZlknkt0HqY

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are prepping for potential flood too! A river runs through my driveway today. I love your pics and your garden gargoyle!
    Hugs
    Kali

    ReplyDelete