Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Ghost towns of Ontario in my Erotic Romances!

Hi! I'm Jan Springer and I write erotic romances.

Some of my stories are set in Canada. But first, before we begin, I would like to welcome you to Romance Eh? Canadian Style. Here we are going to focus on everything Canadian!! Wooot!

The very first erotic romantic suspense I wrote is "Peppermint Creek Inn" (Ellora's Cave). If you enjoy amnesia style romances, you may like this one. It has a mystery surrounding the true Ontario ghost town of Jackfish. When I speak of "ghost towns" I don't mean haunted, but instead we call them abandoned towns. Jackfish is one of many abandoned towns in Ontario.

Peppermint Creek Inn
Here's a sneak peek at Peppermint Creek Inn - Book 1 of my Undercover series.

She wants to forget her past

Sara lives alone in the isolated wilderness of Canada…until one stormy night when an injured fugitive with amnesia forces his way into her home and straight into her wounded heart. He's dangerous, tastes of dark, delicious sex and unleashes lusty cravings she never knew she had. Although there can be no future with a sexy man accused of murder, she's willing to do whatever it takes to keep him in her life and in her bed.

He needs to remember his past

She smells of sweet peppermint and makes him burn with hot desire. He wants her, needs to be deep inside her and yearns to forget the terror-filled flashbacks that haunt him. Crooked cops and a romantic ghost town hold the secrets to his mysterious past, and if he's ever going to give her a future they both crave, he'll have to prove his innocence, even if it means facing his dangerous past head on.*

___________________

My dad and I first came upon the ghost town of Jackfish in 1995 when we were exploring ghost towns of Ontario. I hadn't seriously began writing yet, but it was during my visit to this particular abandoned town about 22 miles east of Terrace Bay, Ontario that I began to think about writing a story that would center around this town. I kept notes and began writing scenes for the book. I finished it in 1998 and by 2000 it was published as an ebook on the Internet.

I then started on another story, a sequel to Peppermint Creek Inn, which would also have a ghost town...but I will save that story intro for my next visit to Romance Eh? Canadian Style. *grin*

If you want to get a look at the before and after pictures of the ghost town of Jackfish there is a lovely You Tube video someone made when they visited the ghost town. It will give you an idea of what I saw when the seed of Peppermint Creek Inn was born. You Tube link to Jackfish.

Next time I will introduce you to the Ontario ghost town of Nicholson found in "Kiss Me" (Ellora's Cave) - sequel to Peppermint Creek Inn.

Happy Reading!



http://www.janspringer.com
Live Your Intimate Fantasies



No comments:

Post a Comment